Second announcement: "Theory of Quantum Gases and Quantum Coherence", Lyon, France, 5-8 June 2012

We apologize if you receive this message multiple times

Dear colleague,

this is the second announcement of the International Workshop

Lyon BEC 2012
"THEORY OF QUANTUM GASES AND QUANTUM COHERENCE"
June 5-8, 2012
Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
http://lyonbec2012.ens-lyon.fr

This workshop is dedicated to theoretical challenges in the field of cold quantum gases, with a strong connection to condensed matter, and it is especially targeted to a junior audience. The present one is its 6th edition, after Salerno (2001), Levico (2003), Cortona (2005), Grenoble (2008), and Nice (2010).

The workshop topics will include:
ultracold fermions
low-dimensional gases
disordered cold gases
atom interferometry and quantum metrology
quantum simulations
Bose-Einstein condensation in condensed matter
etc.

This work will be structured in 6 topical lectures, delivered by

A.  Aspect (Palaiseau, F)
S. Stringari (Trento, I)
A. Georges (Palaiseau, F)
M. Oberthaler (Heidelberg, D)
T. Jolicoeur (Orsay, F)
L. Pitaevskii (Trento, I)

in a special invited session on Bose-Einstein Condensation in Condensed Matter

A. Bramati (Paris, F)
C. Rüegg (Villigen, CH)
C. Batista (Los Alamos, USA)
V. Savona (Lausanne, CH)

and in invited talks - confirmed invited speakers include

M. Zaccanti (Innsbruck, A)
K. van Houcke (Ghent, B)
J. Levinsen (Cambridge, UK)
G. Bertaina (Lausanne, CH)
N. Fabbri (Sesto Fiorentino, I)
P. Barmettler (Geneva, CH)
M. Dalmonte (Innsbruck, A)
F. Crépin (Orsay, F)
F. Piazza (Munich, D)
T. Langen (Vienna, A)
C. Muschik (Castelldefels, E)
O. Romero-Isart (Munich, D)
L. Tarruell (Zürich, CH)
M. Chenau (Munich, D)
N. Goldman (Brussels, B)
D. Porras (Madrid, E)
L. Mathey (Hamburg, D)
E. Lucioni (Sesto Fiorentino, I)
K. Bouadim (Stuttgart, D)
C. Gaul (Madrid, E)

The participation to the workshop is free of charges, and it is limited to about 80 participants. Lodging and meals will be covered by the organization.

You can register at this webpage:
 http://lyonbec2012.ens-lyon.fr/registration.html
Deadline for registration is MARCH 30th, 2012.

A conference poster can be downloaded at this address:
http://lyonbec2012.ens-lyon.fr/LyonBEC2012-poster2.pdf

Moreover the proceedings of our workshop will be published as a special issue on
"Novel Quantum Phases and Mesoscopic Physics in Quantum Gases"
of The European Physical Journal - Special Topics (EPJ-ST)
http://www.epjst-journal.org/
 We hope that you and your collaborators will like to contribute to this special issue with an original manuscript.

 We would be grateful to you if you could spread the information among your colleagues.

 Looking forward to hosting you in Lyon,

The organizers,
T. Roscilde (Lyon, F), E. Orignac (Lyon, F), A. Minguzzi (Grenoble, F), F. Chevy (Paris, F), R. Citro (Salerno, I), A. Recati (Trento, I)

http://lyonbec2012.ens-lyon.fr
lyonbec2012@xxxxxxxxxxx