ERRATA [Coloquio extraordinario + Seminario de Estudiantes extraordinario] jueves 28-Feb-13

¡Una disculpa¡ la fecha es 28-Febrero-2013 :)

Estimados todos,

Es grato invitarles al Coloquio Extraordinario que se llevará conjuntamente
con el Seminario de Estudiantes el próximo jueves 28 de febrero a las 17:30
hrs, donde contaremos con la presencia de

           Dr. Rudi Schäfer

de la Universität Duisburg en Essen.

El título de su charla es:

    "Econophysics: Quantitative Studies of Financial Markets"
(resumen anexo al final)

Esperamos contar con su amable presencia en el Auditorio del ICF.
Al final del Coloquio habrá bocadillos, refrescos y vino de honor.

EXHORTÁNDOLOS A FOMENTAR LA CONCIENCIA ECOLÓGICA EN EL INSTITUTO LOS INVITAMOS
A LLEVAR SU TAZA  =)

Saludos cordiales,

Aurora Hernández G.

-------- RESUMEN --------

         In recent years the financial market has dominated the daily
       news like never before. Especially after the default of Lehman
       Brothers and the bail-out of AIG, questions about the stability
       of the financial system have found their way into general
       public interest.

       Here I want to give a short introduction to the still quite
       young and  interdisciplinary field of econophysics. Our goal is
       to use methods of statistical physics to create a better
       fundamental understanding of the financial market as a complex
       system.

       My main focus will be on the non-stationarity of
       correlations. We are able to identify different states of the
       market and study their time evolution.  In particular in times
       of crises we observe a characteristic behavior. To better
       understand the "dynamics" of correlations and to incorporate
       this knowledge into models will be an essential part of future
       research in this field.

       In the second part of my talk, I will focus on credit risk
       modeling. The recent financial crisis has demonstrated that
       there are serious short-comings both in qualitative
       understanding, and in quantitative modeling of credit risk.