New Release: Electrodynamics

Title: Electrodynamics
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,

Together with our 30th Anniversary celebration, we are pleased to introduce a new textbook in Classical Mechanics / Electrodynamics. For a limited time, you can get your copy at a special 30% discount from our online bookstore. Quote 30ANNIVERSARY as you order. This offer is valid from now till 31 May, 2011. Please recommend this important title to your library and colleagues or request for an inspection copy.

ELECTRODYNAMICS

(2nd Edition)
by Harald J W Muller-Kirsten (University of Kaiserslautern, Germany)

632pp
978-981-4340-74-8(pbk): US$68 / £42   US$47.60 / £29.40
978-981-4340-73-1: US$160 / £99   US$112 / £69.30

Electrodynamics is a basic area of physics, encompassing also classical and quantum physics, optics, relativity and field theory, and is of universal practical importance. The present text aims at a balance between basic theory and practical applications, and includes introductions to specific quantum mechanical effects. The detailed presentation allows the reader to follow every step. Each chapter is supplemented by both worked examples and unsolved exercises. This thoroughly revised second edition with new sections on networks and diffraction, and with international units stated wherever relevant, covers all the material normally required for a first degree in physics and beyond, and may serve as a step to advanced applications and research.

Contents:

  • Electrostatics — Basic Aspects
  • Applications of Electrostatics
  • Macroscopic Electrostatics
  • Magnetostatics
  • Macroscopic Magnetostatics
  • The Maxwell Equations
  • Applications to Coils and Circuits
  • Electromagnetic Waves
  • Moving Charges in Vacuum
  • Optic Laws and Diffraction
  • Metals
  • Propagation of Radio Waves in the Ionosphere
  • Wave Guides and Resonators
  • Propagation of Waves in Media
  • Causality and Dispersion Relations
  • Covariant Formulation of Electrodynamics
  • The Lagrange Formalism for the Electromagnetic Field
  • The Guage Covariant Schrodinger Equation and the Aharonov-Bohm Effect
  • Quantisation of the Electromagnetic Field and the Casimir Effect
  • Duality and Magnetic Monopoles
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Physics collection for more titles:

CLASSICAL MECHANICS

(5th Edition)

THE CHAOTIC PENDULUM

CLASSICAL MECHANICS WITH APPLICATIONS

CLASSICAL MECHANICS ILLUSTRATED BY MODERN PHYSICS

42 Problems with Solutions
Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

High Energy Physics Textbooks

Subatomic Physics

The Physics of Solar Cells
How to Order
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.

* Available in Asia now
**Available elsewhere in Jul 2011

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.