Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Newsletter - April 2011

Click here if you are unable to view this email.
Stay Updated with World Scientific's Nanoscience & Nanotechnology Newsletter
April 2011

Dear valued subscriber,

This year, World Scientific celebrates 30 years of growth since our humble beginnings in a small office with only five employees. Over the last three decades, we have established ourselves as one of the leading scientific publishers in the world, and the largest international scientific publisher in the Asia-Pacific region. All the fruits of our labor would not have been possible without your unceasing support throughout these years.

To commemorate this occasion, we are having a special promotion of 30% discount on selected titles across all our subject areas.

We hope that you have a great time reading our quality titles, and for some of you, for publishing with us. We look forward to serving you in the days ahead.

Bestsellers

AN INTRODUCTION TO INTERFACES AND COLLOIDS

The Bridge to Nanoscience

NANOPOROUS MATERIALS: SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING

AN INTRODUCTION TO ELECTROSPINNING AND NANOFIBERS

OPTICAL PROPERTIES AND SPECTROSCOPY OF NANOMATERIALS
Book Highlights

Theory of Semiconductor Quantum Dots
Band Structure, Optical Properties and Applications

edited by Aleksey Andreev (Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory, UK)

Semiconductor structures containing zero-dimensional objects — quantum dots — are the subject of intensive research worldwide. This monograph describes a detailed theory of the electronic band structure and optical properties of semiconductor quantum dots.

The author provides a comprehensive description of an original approach based on a combination of the Fourier transform, the Green's function and plane-wave expansion techniques in the framework of multiband 8x8 kp theory. The calculated band structure, optical properties and device applications are analyzed in line with available experiments for a large number of realistic quantum dot structures and various combinations of materials, such as InGaN, GaN/AlN, ZnSe, InGaAs (including dots-in-the-well), ZnSe/CdSe, and lead salts.

Back to Top

Notable Back List

Series on Chemical Engineering - Vol. 4
Nanoporous Materials: Science And Engineering
edited by G Q Lu (University of Queensland, Australia) & X S Zhao (National University of Singapore, Singapore)

Porous materials are of scientific and technological importance because of the presence of voids of controllable dimensions at the atomic, molecular, and nanometer scales, enabling them to discriminate and interact with molecules and clusters. Interestingly the big deal about this class of materials is about the "nothingness" within — the pore space. International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) classifies porous materials into three categories — micropores of less than 2 nm in diameter, mesopores between 2 and 50 nm, and macropores of greater than 50 nm. In this book, nanoporous materials are defined as those porous materials with pore diameters less than 100 nm.

Silicon Carbide Microelectromechanical Systems For Harsh Environments
edited by Rebecca Cheung (University of Edinburgh, UK)

This unique book describes the science and technology of silicon carbide (SiC) microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), from the creation of SiC material to the formation of final system, through various expert contributions by several leading key figures in the field. The book contains high-quality up-to-date scientific information concerning SiC MEMS for harsh environments summarized concisely for students, academics, engineers and researchers in the field of SiC MEMS.

Search For Books

Search journal articles

  Textbooks
  Book Series
  Editor's Choice
  New Reviews
  Sample Chapters
  Latest Catalogs

New Titles
Architecture and Building Management
Asian Studies
Business and Management
Chemistry
Computer Science
Economics and Finance
Engineering
Environmental Science
General Interest
History of Science
Life Sciences
Materials Science
Mathematics
Medicine and Healthcare
Nanotechnology and Nanoscience
Nonlinear Science
Physics
Popular Science
Social Sciences

Published April 2011
Published March 2011

Join Our Mailing List

To be updated on books and journals in the subject of your choice, you can join our mailing list.

Stay connected with the latest research findings. Register to receive new issue alerts!

New & Forthcoming Titles

Nanostructures And Nanomaterials

Synthesis, Properties, and Applications (2nd Edition)
Guozhong Cao & Ying Wang

Nanoscale Interface For Organic Electronics

Mitsumasa Iwamoto, Takhee Lee & Young-Soo Kwon

Nanoscience And Nanotechnology In Engineering

Vijay K Varadan, A Sivathanu Pillai, Debashish Mukherji,
Mayank Dwivedi & Linfeng Chen

Magnetic Nanoparticles

Particle Science, Imaging Technology, and Clinical Applications
T M Buzug, J Borgert, T Knopp,
S Biederer, T F Sattel,
M Erbe & K Lüdtke-Buzug

Computational Studies of New Materials II

>From Ultrafast Processes and Nanostructures to Optoelectronics, Energy Storage and Nanomedicine
Thomas F George, Daniel Jelski, Renat R Letfullin & Guoping Zhang

Nanostructured Superconductors

Victor V Moshchalkov &
Joachim Fritzsche

Back to Top

Journal Highlight

Nano LIFE

Managing Editors:
Physical Sciences: Donglu Shi, Ph.D.
, University of Cincinnati
Medical Sciences: Martin L. Yarmush, Rutgers University

With the year 2010 being the International Year of Biodiversity, World Scientific will like to celebrate the significance of life on earth to help to safeguard the variety of life on earth. Free electronic subscription to the 2010 volume will be extended to all until the 31st March 2011.
Sign up here and gain Free Access to the 2010 full text articles today!

A new scientific journal: Nano LIFE has been recently established (http://www.worldscinet.com/nl/nl.shtml) and published by World Scientific. Nano LIFE is a quarterly international journal publishing peer-reviewed research in all fields of nano and biomedical sciences. The emphasis of this journal is based on its originality, importance, and interdisciplinary nature between nano and life sciences. Nano LIFE also provides current news and interpretations of critical issues in nanomedicine that caters to scientific communities and the general public.

General Interests

Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures
edited by Raphael Mechoulam (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel) & Jacob Bekenstein (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel)

This volume consists of a selection of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures presented annually at the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Delivered by eminent scientists and scholars, including Nobel laureates, they cover a broad spectrum of subjects in physics, chemistry, life science, mathematics, historiography and social issues.

This distinguished memorial lecture series was inaugurated by the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities following an international symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's birth. Considering that Einstein's interests, activities and influence were not restricted to theoretical physics but spanned broad fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it was felt that these memorial lectures should be addressed to scientists, scholars and erudite laypersons rather than to physicists alone.

Back to Top

Special Announcement
World Scientific Launches World Scientific-Imperial College London Scholarship

The Scholarship award which is open for application to students who have a place at the Imperial College London, will benefit successful applicants from various countries.
To read more about this, please click here.

Our customers also browse these catalogs for more good reads

Popular Science & General Titles 2011

Nanoscience & Nanotechnology 2011
  Connect with us:

LinkedIn

Twitter

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co.
All rights reserved.