Bestselling: An Introduction To Interfaces And Colloids

Title: An Introduction To Interfaces And Colloids
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,

Together with our 30th Anniversary celebration, we are pleased to highlight a bestselling title that may interest you. For a limited time, you can get your copy at a special 30% discount from our online bookstore. Quote WSPCCELEBRATES as you order. This offer is valid from now till 10 June, 2011. Please recommend this important title to your library and colleagues or request for an inspection copy.

AN INTRODUCTION TO INTERFACES AND COLLOIDS
The Bridge to Nanoscience
by John C Berg (University of Washington, USA)

804pp
978-981-4299-82-4(pbk): US$68 / £51   US$47.60 / £35.70
978-981-4293-07-5: US$95 / £71   US$66.50 / £49.70

Table of Contents (108k)
Preface (48k)
Chapter 1: Introduction (9,001k)

"Born of decades of diverse experience performing research and teaching in the field of surface and colloid science, Prof. Berg's new textbook is a must buy for students just entering the field, as well as for experts. I find myself frequently referring to the book as a reference when writing grants. Prof. Berg's organization of the subject matter, combined with his exquisitely clear descriptions that provide a molecular level understanding of phenomena, have set a new standard for textbooks in the field."
-- Journal of Colloid and Interface Science

The textbook seeks to bring readers with no prior knowledge or experience in interfacial phenomena, colloid science or nanoscience to the point where they can comfortably enter the current scientific and technical literature in the area.

Designed as a pedagogical tool, this book recognizes the cross-disciplinary nature of the subject. To facilitate learning, the topics are developed from the beginning with ample cross-referencing. The understanding of concepts is enhanced by clear descriptions of experiments and provisions of figures and illustrations.

Contents:

  • Fluid Interfaces and Capillarity
  • Thermodynamics of Interfacial Systems
  • Solid-Liquid Interactions
  • Colloidal Systems: Phenomenology and Characterization
  • Electrical Properties of Interfaces
  • Interaction Between Colloid Particles
  • Rheology of Dispersions
  • Emulsions and Foams
  • Interfacial Hydrodynamics
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Nanotechnology and Nanoscience collection for more titles:

NONEQUILIBRIUM QUANTUM TRANSPORT PHYSICS IN NANOSYSTEMS

Foundation of Computational Nonequilibrium Physics in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology

NANOTUBES AND NANOWIRES

SILICON CARBIDE MICROELECTROMECHANICAL SYSTEMS FOR HARSH ENVIRONMENTS

NANO

NANO is an international peer-reviewed journal for nanoscience and nanotechnology that presents forefront fundamental research and new emerging topics. It features timely scientific reports of new results and technical breakthroughs and also contains interesting review articles about recent hot issues.

Check out the FREE articles today!

Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

Spin

New and Forthcoming Titles in Chemistry Nanoscience and Materials Science

Nanoscience & Nanotechnology 2011
How to Order
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.
Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.