Pre-pub offer: Solving The Schrodinger Equation

Title: Solving The SchrÖDinger Equation
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,

In celebration of our 30th Anniversary we are pleased to offer a 30% discount on this forthcoming title. Quote WORLDSCIENTIFIC30 as you order. This offer is valid from now until June 30th, 2011.

SOLVING THE SCHRÖDINGER EQUATION
Has Everything Been Tried?
edited by Paul Popelier (University of Manchester, UK)

400pp (approx.)
978-1-84816-724-7: US$130 / £81   US$91 / £56.70

The Schrödinger equation is the master equation of quantum chemistry. The founders of quantum mechanics realised how this equation underpins essentially the whole of chemistry. However, they recognised that its exact application was much too complicated to be soluble at the time. More than two generations of researchers were left to work out how to achieve this ambitious goal for molecular systems of ever-increasing size. This book focuses on non-mainstream methods to solve the molecular electronic Schrödinger equation. Each method is based on a set of core ideas and this volume aims to explain these ideas clearly so that they become more accessible. By bringing together these non-standard methods, the book intends to inspire graduate students, postdoctoral researchers and academics to think of novel approaches. Is there a method out there that we have not thought of yet? Can we design a new method that combines the best of all worlds?

Contents:

  • Intracule Functional Theory (D L Crittenden & P M W Gill)
  • "r12 methods" (F Manby)
  • Solving Problems with Strong Correlation using Density Matrix Renormalization Group (DMRG) (G K-L Chan & S Sharma)
  • Reduced Density Matrix Theory for Many-Electron Correlation (D A Mazziotti)
  • Finite Size Scaling for Criticality of the Schrödinger Equation (S Kais)
  • The Generalized Sturmian Method (J Avery & J Avery)
  • Slater-type Orbital Basis Sets: Reliable and Rapid Solution of the Schrödinger Equation for Accurate Molecular Properties (P E Hoggan)
  • Modern Ab-Initio Valence Bond Methods (P C Hiberty & S Shaik)
  • Quantum Monte Carlo Approaches for Tackling Electronic Correlation (M Mella & G Morosi)
  • Solving the Schrödinger Equation on Real Space Grids and with Random Walks (T L Beck & J H Dedrick)
  • Solving the Schrödinger Equation: Has Everything Been Tried? Changes in Dense Linear Algebra Kernels Decades-Long Perspective (P Luszczek et al.)
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Chemistry collection for more titles:

ON BEING WELL-COORDINATED

A Half-Century of Research on Transition Metal Complexes

THE OXIDATION OF OXYGEN AND RELATED CHEMISTRY

Selected Papers of Neil Bartlett

UNDERSTANDING VOLTAMMETRY

(2nd Edition)
Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

Handbook of Carbon Nano Materials

New and Forthcoming Titles in Chemistry Nanoscience and Materials Science

Chemistry 2011
How to Order
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.

* Available in Asia in Sep 2011
**Available elsewhere in Dec 2011

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.