Pre-pub offer: The Thermodynamics Of Quantum Yang-Mills Theory

Title: The Thermodynamics Of Quantum Yang-Mills Theory
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,

Together with our 30th Anniversary celebration, we are pleased to introduce a forthcoming title that may interest you. For a limited time, you can get your copy at a special 30% discount from our online bookstore. Enter discount code as 30ANNIVERSARY as you order. This offer is valid from now till 10 July, 2011. Please recommend this important title to your library and colleagues.

Don't forget to check out the selection of titles in the Physics Sale, every title is only US$9!! This sale is for a limited time, while supplies last.

THE THERMODYNAMICS OF QUANTUM YANG-MILLS THEORY
Theory and Applications
by Ralf Hofmann (Heidelberg University, Germany)

470pp (approx.)
978-981-4329-04-0: US$120 / £79   US$84 / £55.30

This book aims to provide advanced students and researchers with the text on a nonperturbative, thermodynamically grounded, and largely analytical approach to four-dimensional Quantum Gauge Theory. The terrestrial, astrophysical, and cosmological applications, mostly within the realm of low-temperature photon physics, are treated.

Contents:

  • The Classical Yang–Mills Action
  • The Perturbative Approach at Zero Temperature
  • Aspects of Finte-Temperature Field Theory
  • Selfdual Field Configurations
  • The Deconfining Phase
  • The Preconfining Phase
  • The Confining Phase
  • The Approach of Thermal Lattice Gauge Theory
  • Black-Body Anomaly
  • Astrophysical and Cosmological Implications of SU(2)CMB
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Physics collection for more titles:

GROUP THEORY AND HOPF ALGEBRAS

Lectures for Physicists

50 YEARS OF ANDERSON LOCALIZATION

50 YEARS OF YANG-MILLS THEORY

LECTURES ON ADVANCED MATHEMATICAL METHODS FOR PHYSICISTS

Reviews in Mathematical Physics (RMP)

Complimentary Access Articles:
As part of our contribution to the dissemination of knowledge to the scientific community, we are granting a complimentary 30-day access to newly published issues from the date of online publication for registered users. To sign up, please click here.

Check out the FREE articles today!

Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

High Energy Physics Textbooks

Quantum Physics and Related Titles

Applied Physics and Related Titles 2011

Online Registration is now open!

How to Order
  • *This promotion is not applicable in India and SAARC countries or with other discounts or other promotions. Any discount code applied at the shopping cart for titles under other special promotion will be invalid.
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.

* Available in Asia by end of Aug 2011
**Available elsewhere in Nov 2011

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.