New Release: Fractional Calculus - An Introduction for Physicists

Title: Fractional Calculus
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,

Together with our 30th Anniversary celebration, we are pleased to introduce a new title that may interest you. For a limited time, you can get your copy at a special 30% discount from our online bookstore. Enter discount code as 30ANNIVERSARY as you order. This offer is valid from now till 10 July, 2011. Please recommend this important title to your library and colleagues.

Don't forget to check out the selection of titles in the Physics Sale, every title is only US$9!! This sale is for a limited time, while supplies last.

FRACTIONAL CALCULUS
An Introduction for Physicists
by Richard Herrmann (GigaHedron, Germany)

276pp
978-981-4340-24-3: US$85 / £53   US$59.50 / £37.10

Table of Contents (119k)
Foreword (106k)
Chapter 1: Introduction (247k)

Fractional calculus is undergoing rapid and ongoing development. We can already recognize, that within its framework new concepts and strategies emerge, which lead to new challenging insights and surprising correlations between different branches of physics.

This book is an invitation both to the interested student and the professional researcher. It presents a thorough introduction to the basics of fractional calculus and guides the reader directly to the current state-of-the-art physical interpretation. It is also devoted to the application of fractional calculus on physical problems, in the subjects of classical mechanics, friction, damping, oscillations, group theory, quantum mechanics, nuclear physics, and hadron spectroscopy up to quantum field theory.

Contents:

  • Functions
  • The Fractional Derivative
  • Friction Forces
  • Fractional Calculus
  • The Fractional Harmonic Oscillator
  • Wave Equations and Parity
  • Nonlocality and Memory Effects
  • Quantum Mechanics
  • Fractional Spin: A Property of Particles Described with the Fractional Schrödinger Equation
  • Factorization
  • Symmetries
  • The Fractional Symmetric Rigid Rotor
  • q-Deformed Lie Algebras and Fractional Calculus
  • Fractional Spectroscopy of Hadrons
  • Higher Dimensional Fractional Rotation Groups
  • Fractors: Fractional Tensor Calculus
  • Fractional Fields
  • Gauge Invariance in Fractional Field Theories
  • Outlook
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Physics collection for more titles:

SUPERSYMMETRIC QUANTUM MECHANICS

An Introduction

BCS: 50 YEARS

YOU ARE WRONG, MR EINSTEIN!

Newton, Einstein, Heisenberg and Feynman Discussing Quantum Mechanics

INTRODUCTION TO RELATIVISTIC STATISTICAL MECHANICS

Classical and Quantum

Reviews in Mathematical Physics (RMP)

The review papers – introductory and survey papers - are of relevance not only to mathematical physicists, but also to mathematicians and theoretical physicists interested in interdisciplinary topics. Original research papers are not subject to page limitations provided they are of importance to this readership.

Check out the FREE articles today!

Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

More and Different: Notes from a Thoughtful Curmudgeon

New and Notable Titles in Atomic, Optics and Laser Physics

Geophysics and Other Related Titles

Online Registration is now open!

How to Order
  • *This promotion is not applicable in India and SAARC countries or with other discounts or other promotions. Any discount code applied at the shopping cart for titles under other special promotion will be invalid.
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.
Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.