Pre-pub offer: Quantum Processes

Title: Quantum Processes
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,
Space and time are probably the most important elements in physics. Within the memory of man, all essential things are represented within the frame of space-time pictures. This is obviously the most basic information. What can we say about space and time? It is normally assumed that the space is a container filled with matter and that the time is just that which we measure with our clocks. However, there are some reasons to take another standpoint and to consider this container-conception as unrealistic, as prejudice so to say. Already the philosopher Immanuel Kant pointed on this serious problem.

We are pleased to introduce this forthcoming title that may interest you. For a limited time, you can get your copy at a special 30% discount from our online bookstore. Enter discount code as WORLDSCIENTIFIC30 as you pre-order. This offer is valid from now till 10 August, 2011. Please recommend this important title to your library and colleagues.

QUANTUM PROCESSES
by Wolfram Schommers (Institute for Scientific Computing, Germany)

416pp (approx.)
978-981-279-656-1: US$98 / £65   US$68.60 / £45.50

"This book is devoted to one of the most interesting fields of modern physics — quantum processes. The author introduces the readers to the circle of problems and methods characteristic of this field, by illustrating the fundamental theoretical principles by a number of successfully selected examples. The book is distinguished by the original presentation, clarity of thoughts, and the diversity of physical contents. It will be of interest for a wide circle of readers who are students and scientific researchers specialized in quantum mechanics."
-- Kruchinin S P, Professor, Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics

In this monograph, the author discusses the so-called projection theory. In contrast to the container-conception (reality is embedded in space and time), within projection theory the physical reality is projected onto space and time and quantum processes are of particular relevance. Like Whitehead and Bergson, the author argues for the primacy of process.

One of the most interesting results is that projection theory automatically leads to a new aspect for the notion "time". Here we have not only the time of conventional physics, which is exclusively treated as an external parameter, but we obtain within projection theory a system-specific time. Just this system-specific time might be of fundamental importance in the future description of physical systems. For example, the self-assembly of nano-systems could lead to predictions that are even not thinkable within usual physics. Also in connection with cosmology the projection principle must inevitably lead to fundamentally new statements.

Contents:

  • Facts and Unsolved Problems in Quantum Theory
  • Cosmological Constant and Vacuum
  • Mach's Principle
  • Projection Theory
  • Non-Local Effects
  • Free Systems and the Definition Particles within Projection Theory
  • Only Quantum Processes Have Real Existence
  • Philosophical Questions
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Physics collection for more titles:

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO QUANTUM MECHANICS

Why the Laws of Physics Make Perfect Sense After All

PHYSICAL FOUNDATIONS OF QUANTUM ELECTRONICS BY DAVID KLYSHKO

YOU ARE WRONG, MR EINSTEIN!

Newton, Einstein, Heisenberg and Feynman Discussing Quantum Mechanics

WEIMAR CULTURE AND QUANTUM MECHANICS

Selected Papers by Paul Forman and Contemporary Perspectives on the Forman Thesis

International Journal of Quantum Information (IJQI)

The International Journal of Quantum Information (IJQI) provides a forum for the interdisciplinary field of Quantum Information Science.

Check out the FREE articles today!

Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

Geophysics and Other Related Titles

Classical Mechanics (5th Edition)

General Physics New and Notable Titles

Online Registration is now open!

How to Order
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.
  • This promotion is not applicable in India and SAARC countries or with other discounts or other promotions. Any discount code applied at the shopping cart for titles under other special promotion will be invalid.

* Available in Asia by mid-July 2011
**Available elsewhere in Oct 2011

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.