Pre-pub offer: Adventures In Cosmology

Title: ADVENTURES IN COSMOLOGY
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,
Adventures In Cosmology tells of the quest for cosmology as seen by some of the finest cosmologists in the world. It starts with "Galaxy Formation from Start to Finish" and ends with "The First Supermassive Black Holes in the Universe," exploring in between the grand themes of galaxies, the early universe, expansion of the universe, dark matter and dark energy.

We are pleased to introduce this forthcoming title that may interest you. For a limited time, you can get your copy at a special 30% discount from our online bookstore. Enter discount code as WSPCCELEBRATES as you pre-order. This offer is valid from now until 30 September, 2011. Please recommend this important title to your library and colleagues.

ADVENTURES IN COSMOLOGY
edited by David Goodstein (California Institute of Technology)

420pp (approx.)
978-981-4313-85-8: US$86 / £57   US$60.20 / £39.90

Table of Contents (87k)
Chapter 1: Introduction (118k)

This up-to-date collection of review articles offers a general introduction to cosmology and is intended for all probing into the profound questions on where we came from and where we are going.

Contents:

  • Galaxy Formation: From Start to Finish (A Benson, California Institute of Technology)
  • The Re-Ionization of Cosmic Hydrogen by the First Galaxies (A Loeb, Harvard University)
  • Clusters of Galaxies (E Pierpaoli, University of Southern California)
  • Reionizing the Universe with the First Sources of Light (V Bromm, University of Texas at Austin)
  • Mapping the Cosmic Dawn (S Furlanetto, University of California, Los Angeles)
  • Measuring the Expansion Rate of the Universe (L Ferrarese, Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics)
  • Particles as Dark Matter (D Hooper, University of Chicago)
  • Detecting of WIMP Dark Matter (S Golwala, California Institute of Technology & D McKinsey, Yale University)
  • The Accelerating Universe (D Huterer, University of Michigan)
  • Frontiers of Dark Energy (E Linder, University of California, Berkeley)
  • The First Supermassive Black Holes in the Universe (X-H Fan, University of Arizona)
  • Neutrino Masses from Cosmology (O Lahav, University College London & S Thomas, University College London)
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Physics collection for more titles:

INTRODUCTION TO THE THEORY OF THE EARLY UNIVERSE

Cosmological Perturbations and Inflationary Theory

INTRODUCTION TO THE THEORY OF THE EARLY UNIVERSE

Hot Big Bang Theory

COSMIC PARADOXES

FROM NUCLEI TO STARS

Festschrift in Honor of Gerald E Brown

International Journal of Modern Physics D (IJMPD)

Gravitation; Astrophysics and Cosmology

This journal aims to accommodate and promote this expansion of information and ideas and it features research papers and reviews on theoretical, observational and experimental findings in these fields.

Check out the FREE articles today!

Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

General Physics New and Notable Titles

New and Notable Titles in Atomic, Optics and Laser Physics

Physics 2012

How to Order

  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.

* Available in Asia by end of Aug 2011
**Available elsewhere in Nov 2011

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.