New Release: A Modern Introduction To Particle Physics and FREE articles to International Journal of Modern Physics A (IJMPA)

A MODERN INTRODUCTION TO PARTICLE PHYSICS
www.worldscientific.com   www.icpress.co.uk
Dear Subscriber,
We are pleased to introduce to you one of our bestselling titles A Modern Introduction To Particle Physics - now available in its 3rd edition!

Quote WSPCCELEBRATES as you order. This offer is valid from now till 20 October, 2011. Do recommend this important title to your library and colleagues or request for an inspection copy.

A MODERN INTRODUCTION TO PARTICLE PHYSICS
Third Edition
by Fayyazuddin (National Centre for Physics, Pakistan) & Riazuddin (National Centre for Physics, Pakistan)

750pp (approx.)
978-981-4338-83-7: US$90 / £56   US$63 / £39.20

"It is well written and up to date ... I can recommend this book to those aiming for a broad working knowledge of the essentials of particle theory. It is a book to which I shall continue to refer for a long time." -- Contemporary Physics

The book provides a comprehensive account of particle physics linking various aspects of particle physics in a coherent manner. This self-contained book not only cover basic concepts and recent developments but also overlaps between Astrophysics, Cosmology and Particle Physics, known as astroparticle physics. Several appendices are included to make the book self-contained.

Contents:

  • Introduction
  • Scattering and Particle Interactions
  • Space-Time Symmetries
  • Internal Symmetries
  • Unitary Groups and SU(3)
  • SU(6) and Quark Model
  • Colors, Gauge Principle and Quantum Chromodynamics
  • Heavy Flavor Physics
  • Heavy Quark Effective Theory
  • Neutrinos
  • Weak Interactions
  • Properties of Weak Hadronic Currents and Chiral Symmetry
  • Electroweak Unification
  • Deep Inelastic Scattering
  • Weak Decays of Heavy Flavor
  • Particle Mixing and CP-Violation
  • Grand Unification
  • Supersymmetry and Strings
  • Astroparticle Physics
You may also be interested in the following or visit our Physics collection for more titles:

THE NEUTRON

A Tool and an Object in Nuclear and Particle Physics

AN INTRODUCTION TO STRING THEORY AND D-BRANE DYNAMICS

With Problems and Solutions
(2nd Edition)

EMISSION DETECTORS

PERSPECTIVES ON SUPERSYMMETRY II
FREE ACCESS for selected
                                        highly cited articles!

FREE ACCESS for selected highly cited articles!

International Journal of Modern Physics A (IJMPA)
International Journal of Modern Physics A consists of important review articles and original papers covering the latest research developments in Particles and Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology.

A selection of highly cited articles are now freely accessible. Click here for more!

Browse these catalogs for more good reads:

New and Notable Titles in High Energy, Particle and Nuclear Physics

High Energy Physics Textbooks

Physics 2012
How to Order
  • An ordering guide can be found here.
  • Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
  • This promotion is available only to individuals purchasing directly from World Scientific's web site. Promotion is valid while stocks last. Delivery may be slightly delayed due to high demand.

* Available in Asia now
**Available elsewhere in Nov 2011

Copyright © 2011 World Scientific Publishing Co. All rights reserved.