Seminario de Estudiantes jueves 4 de marzo

Estimados todos,

Este jueves 4 de marzo dentro del Seminario de Estudiantes contaremos con la presencia del Dr. Josà
Alberto HernÃndez, quien en breve realizarà una estancia posdoctoral en el Instituto, con la plÃtica:

"Web based Decision Support System with Data Mining Capabilities to Model the effect of Climate
Change on Central Mexico"

Esperamos contar con su amable asistencia en el Auditorio del Instituto de Ciencias FÃsicas - UNAM en
el horario habitual de 17:30 horas.

Atentamente:

Jorge PÃrez y Rafael Verduzco

RESUMEN:

We present a prototype Web based Decision Support System with data mining capabilities. The purpose
of the presented system is to analyze the effect of Climate Change on Mexico, the HoTÂe (How
temperature effects) System was designed using ClientÂServer Technology. Original code was developed
in Java for an intelligent agent to monitor main changes in the temperature of Central Mexico based on
information obtained from weather websites on the Internet. We conducted an experiment using our
prototype system applied to Cuernavaca, Morelos, a city located in Central Mexico. Preliminary results
shows the system could be used to model temperature based on historical information and to identify
critical hot days. This system can serve as a base for the development of a prediction model.