ISSPIC XVI - July 8-13, 2012 - Leuven, Belgium (second circular)

ISSPIC XVI

Dear colleague

Some time ago we announced that the 16th International Symposium on Small Particles and Inorganic Clusters (ISSPIC XVI) will be held in Leuven, Belgium, from July 8th until July 13th, 2012. We are pleased to inform you that registration and abstract submission for this conference are now available.

The ISSPIC XVI conference started as an international symposium on small particles and inorganic clusters in 1976 and has evolved into a leading international cluster and nanoscience conference. The symposia topics present a balanced overview of new results, emerging trends and perspectives in the science of atomic and molecular clusters, nanoparticles and nanostructures. The conference provides an interdisciplinary forum for presentation and discussion of fundamental and technological developments in these fields. It is expected that the interdisciplinary approach will stimulate the emergence of new research topics, enabling innovative applications of nanoscience.

Abstracts on scientific work can be submitted for oral presentation as a hot topic or as poster presentation through the on-line abstract submission tool. Submission deadline for hot topic presentation is April 2nd, 2012, while poster presentations can be submitted until April 30th, 2012.

Conference registration is possible through the on-line tool available on the registration web page. All registered participants will have access to the scientific sessions and will obtain a book of abstracts. The registration fee also covers lunches, coffee breaks and other refreshments, welcome reception, conference dinner, and conference excursion.

Please remark that participants are expected to make their own accommodation arrangements directly with the hotels. Block reservations are made in several hotels of variable pricing and comfort level, all located in the city of Leuven and within walking distance from the conference site. For each hotel a reservation form is available on the accommodation web page, with advantageous rates guaranteed until May 7th, 2012. As July is a busy month for tourism in Leuven, it is recommended to make hotel reservations as early as possible.

More information about ISSPIC XVI can be found on the attached flyer and on our web page.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Leuven for an exciting scientific meeting.

Kind regards,
Peter Lievens (conference chair)
On behalf of the organizing committee (isspic16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)